According to the WHO (World Health Organization) the Noncommunicable - or chronic - diseases are those of long duration and generally slow progression.
The four main types of noncommunicable diseases are cardiovascular (like heart attacks and stroke), cancer, chronic respiratory diseases (such as chronic obstructed pulmonary disease and asthma) and diabetes.
The objective of the Forum is to kick-off the discussion about business models and investment set-ups to implement prevention programs in Brazil aiming at generating proven and measured socioeconomic impact with clear previously defined indicators, along side a financial return.
The Forum is build on:
• Good practices sharing with cases like the Diabetes Social Impact Bond in Israel; the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Plan and the Porticus Access to Healthcare Program
• Round-table with key opinion leaders from both private and public initiatives in Brazil
• Workshops to discuss the way ahead
• Warm –up discussion about How companies can engage into impact investing in the area of prevention
• World-Café with Impact Entrepreneurs
Date to be informed soon.